Principale Tappa Extended Until Long Weekend Monday
This weekend is your last chance to challenge yourself on the 5.9km Principale Tappa. It’s just a few kilometres northwest of the Ardrossan Rec Centre. I almost went out there last Sunday to try clinching a fast time with the help of the wicked northwest wind that was blowing.
The long weekend Monday has a “perfect” north wind forecast. You really should get out there … at least to participate and be eligible for the draw prizes.
All the details are on the Giro di YEG EVENT PAGE.
Camp COVID Crushers Have Been Climbing “Prairie Hills”
Four rides and over 300kms has been our progress so far this week. The last event in August happened during a mini-heat wave. This week has been all about the winds … 30kph gusting to 50kph! And despite that, our pace lines have been clocking in average speeds of 31-32kph.
As I’ve been reminding riders this week, winds like these are our “prairie hills.” Embrace them for their training effect.
Or as Nikoo Najand said, the gusts could also turn our rides into Everesting Challenges!
The weather forecast for Sunday is not looking promising for our planned Century Ride (100miles). If it turns into a rainy day, I will postpone the Big Ride until next weekend. I’ll turn our Saturday September 12 ride into a Century, and you’ll be welcome to join us. Watch for updates if that’s how it evolves.
In the meantime, see where we’ve been riding, and get some inspiration for a new route to try on your own. See the itinerary posted >>>HERE
Cyclocross Nationals CANCELLED
In case you missed the announcement on Thursday, Cycling Canada has now also cancelled ‘Cross Nationals.
That only leaves Track Nationals tentatively scheduled. And with those to be held indoors in the Milton Velodrome, I’m not feeling too confident that they’ll still be going ahead either. Cycling Canada will be making the final call before the end of the month.
The Saturday ride is part of our Camp COVID Crusher. You are welcome to join, even if you haven’t been riding the daily COVID Crushers.
We’ll stage at the Ardrossan Rec Centre to take on (one more time!) the Principale Tappa of the Giro di YEG.
Sign up for the Saturday ride HERE >>>Ride Registration Form
Riding details are:
- Hold an active 2020 Club Membership. If not, you must have it in order to ride. Go >> HERE NOW
- If you joined the club before June 6 you’ll need to send us your signed ABA COVID Waiver in order to participate for the season. Download it HERE >>> ABA – Adult Waiver COVID 2020 and email your completed form to Coach Kevin Coaching@VelocityCyclingClub.ca
- All new memberships from June 6 onward will automatically require your agreement to the waiver.
- Meet Saturday, September 5, at 10am at the Ardrossan Rec Centre. Staging allowed in groups of up to 15. The ride is about 63kms. See all the Event details HERE >>September 5 Ride
- You must PREREGISTER before 8:30AM on Saturday, September 5, for this ride using this >> GOOGLE FORM If you do not preregister, sorry you cannot ride that day. Absolutely no drop-ins will be accepted.
Headwinds are tough to deal with, but tough people deal with them.