Attention Velocity Club Members – if you participated in races in 2017 sanctioned by the Alberta Bicycle Association you may be entitled to have a portion or all of your race fees reimbursed by the Club.
Each year, Velocity Cycling Club allocates a portion of the money it receives from its Casinos to the reimbursement of race fees for those that purchase an ABA racing license and participate in BMX, Road, Track, MTB, or Cyclo-cross races sanctioned by the ABA.
The process for reimbursement is simple:
- Gather up and make a PDF copy of all your racing invoices that you would have received from Zone 4 (the system used by the ABA to register for a race)
- Open the Excel Spreadsheet and make a copy for yourself (click here to download: Velocity Race Fee Expense Claim) – summarize your race and entry fee amounts in the fields indicated. The dollar amount will automatically total.
- Email the spreadsheet, together with PDF copies of the Zone 4 entry fee invoices to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org (NOTE: There is a link on the website under “contact us”)
What Happens Next:
- As per our requirement with Gaming, the Executive will verify your participation in the event by reviewing the ABA race results. The Club is only eligible to reimburse Members for races in which they started.
- Once that is complete, a cheque will be issued for a portion or all of your race fee claim (NOTE: Race fees may be capped for each rider depending on the total amount of claims the Club receives and the availability of Gaming Funds
NOTE: In order to prepare realistic budgets for the next cycling season, all Race Entry Fee Claims must be received no later than April 15, 2018. Any claims received after this date will not be eligible for reimbursement.
The March monthly club meeting will be held on Monday, March 5 at 7pm at the MEC downtown location 11904 – 104 Ave NW Edmonton. The meeting room is on the second floor. The meetings typically last roughly 90 minutes, and all members are welcome.
This will be a Combination Velocity AGM / meet the new Coach / monthly meeting
- 2017 Executive Reports
- confirm/elect 2018 executive – (We are still in need of a VP).
- Introduction of new club coach Kevin Rokosh
- 2018 budget
- Club storage unit
- Club trailer
- Velo stage race
Hope to see you there!
The Velocity Cycling Club Annual Penticton Camp is planned from April 28, 2018 – May 7, 2018. These dates have been coordinated with the Edmonton Masters Club, so members of both clubs could potentially do both camps.
As usual, Velocity members attending the camp are responsible for their own transportation, food and lodging. To assist with this, the club has booked at block of rooms at the Tiki Shores (info below).
Penticton Training Camp April 28, 2018 – May 7, 2018
Tiki Shores 914 Lakeshore Dr.,
Penticton, BC V2A 1C1
Phone: 250 492 8769
Club registration for the 2018 season is now open on Karelo. Click here for more info and to sign-up.
Due to scheduling conflicts, the year end party and AGM have been rescheduled to early 2018. Sorry for any inconvenience. Please keep an eye on the website for an announcement for the new date.
Just a couple of things to mention this week.
Monthly Club Meeting
This month’s meeting will take place on Monday, October 23rd at 7pm in the Downtown MEC Community Room. All members welcome.
AGM & Year End Party
Our AGM and year end party are coming up at the end of November.
Velocity Cycling Club organizes an event at the end of each season to get together and celebrate our accomplishments. Again for 2017, the Year End Party will be preceded by the Annual General Meeting (AGM). So come on out! In a single evening, you can celebrate our accomplishments from the season, and influence the direction that our club is heading next!
More info can be found here.
Aerobic Power is offering an indoor winter cycling program in their state of the art Cycling Studio equipped with the Compu-Trainer power training system and PerfPro Software providing the rider and coach immediate feedback on all your cycling metrics maximizing your cycling development.
The program begins with a review of the most efficient peddling techniques and aerobic system development. The program progresses over the course of the winter leading riders through individualized designed workouts based on personalized testing and the appropriate phases of training for that time of year.
Regularly priced at $35 per session Aerobic Power is offering Velocity members a winter rate of $25 per session based on a 20 week cycling program commitment. There are 12 spots available (minimum 8 riders).
The program will start no later than November but could start late October if interest demands. It will run for 20 weeks not including the Christmas Break.
If you’re interested you can email email@example.com to secure a spot.
Where: Performance 104 / Aerobic Power (7121 104 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 4B7)
When: Thursdays nights at 7:30pm starting late October early November (total of 20 sessions)
Cost: $25.00 session
Minimum of 8 riders (12 spots available)