Camp COVID Crusher Begins Monday
If your work hours are flexible, and/or you are working from home, I hope you can join us. Weekday rides will be about 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours long and begin between 3:00pm and 3:30pm. Sunset is after 8pm next week, giving us plenty of time to complete each day’s ride.
Weekend rides will start 9:00am or 10:00am. Sunday will be a big ride, in the range of 165+km. You’ll have the Labour Day Monday to recover. And I just found out … Amp Human and EF Pro Cycling are sponsoring a Tour de France Challenge that completely aligns with our BIG RIDE! The average Tour stage length is 165.1km. Join the Strava Challenge, log one ride at least 165.1km long and you’ll get entered for some great gear prizes! Head on over to Strava to JOIN THE TOUR CHALLENGE (especially if you’ve signed up for this camp).
I’ll implement our daily group rides to keep everyone safe, following all ABA and AHS guidelines and public health orders. We will stick to riding in a physically distanced paceline.
Please pre-register for the camp >>HERE. Feel free to join us even if you can’t make it to every ride.
Full week-long itinerary is posted >>>HERE
Edmonton Police Services have recovered what looks like a ‘cross bike that was sold to Velocity or one of our members.
If this bike might be yours, please reach out to EPS at:
Reg. #3705 Cst. MCKINNON, Kenny
Edmonton Police Service
Community Engagement Unit Northeast Division
Cell# (587) 987-7995
The Saturday ride stages from the Ardrossan Rec Centre to take on the Principale Tappa of the Giro di YEG. This week’s route takes in more of the county roads north of HWY 16, before looping back to tackle the Climbduro segment. Let’s hope for some time blasting tailwinds this week!
Sign up for the Saturday ride HERE >>>Ride Registration Form
Riding details are:
- Hold an active 2020 Club Membership. If not, you must have it in order to ride. Go >> HERE NOW
- If you joined the club before June 6 you’ll need to send us your signed ABA COVID Waiver in order to participate for the season. Download it HERE >>> ABA – Adult Waiver COVID 2020 and email your completed form to Coach Kevin Coaching@VelocityCyclingClub.ca
- All new memberships from June 6 onward will automatically require your agreement to the waiver.
- Meet Saturday, August 29, at 10am at the Ardrossan Rec Centre. Staging allowed in groups of up to 15. The ride is about 63kms. See all the Event details HERE >>August 29 Ride
- You must PREREGISTER before 8:30AM on Saturday, August 29, for this ride using this >> GOOGLE FORM If you do not preregister, sorry you cannot ride that day. Absolutely no drop-ins will be accepted.
Whether you know it or not, the habits you are developing now will be with you for the rest of your life. – John Wooden
(Wash your hands!)