Dalhousie University Looking for Remote Research Subjects
The club received a call-out for research subjects from Computer Science Ph.D. candidate Juliano Franz. He wants to study the communication and behaviour dynamics among road cyclists while in a pack.
Participation in the study can be in groups of three to four or individually (group participation is preferred). Those of us who have been (or will be) Camp COVID Crusher participants could be ideal candidates.
More details are in this brief PDF Recruitment Notice that can be download at https://bit.ly/cyclingStudy. Interviews will be conducted remotely and modestly cash compensated. Please take a look!
Second Edition of Camp COVID Crusher – Just Over 1 Week Away
The end of August is nearly here, and a hardy crew of 6 riders (so far) will be putting on some COVID crushing mileage.
Still lots of time to join them. Get at least one more week of big volume riding into your sinewy cycling legs before bundling up for fall. Feel free to join, even if you can only make it out for a handful of rides.
Event details posted >>>HERE
By the way … I’m not liking the direction of Edmonton’s COVID case numbers. So we’ll continue with our physically distanced paceline ride format during the week. Worked fine for us last time.
And of course as with all pandemic activities, you’ll need to pre-register for the camp >>HERE.
The Saturday ride stages from the Ardrossan Rec Centre to take on the Principale Tappa of the Giro di YEG. This week’s route takes in more of the county roads north of HWY 16, before looping back to tackle the Climbduro segment. Let’s hope for some time blasting tailwinds this week!
Sign up for the Saturday ride HERE >>>Ride Registration Form
Riding details are:
- Hold an active 2020 Club Membership. If not, you must have it in order to ride. Go >> HERE NOW
- If you joined the club before June 6 you’ll need to send us your signed ABA COVID Waiver in order to participate for the season. Download it HERE >>> ABA – Adult Waiver COVID 2020 and email your completed form to Coach Kevin Coaching@VelocityCyclingClub.ca
- All new memberships from June 6 onward will automatically require your agreement to the waiver.
- Meet Saturday, August 22, at 10am at the Ardrossan Rec Centre. Staging allowed in groups of up to 15. The ride is about 63kms. See all the Event details HERE >>August 22 Ride
- You must PREREGISTER before 8:30AM on Saturday, August 22, for this ride using this >> GOOGLE FORM If you do not preregister, sorry you cannot ride that day. Absolutely no drop-ins will be accepted.
Wearing the same jersey doesn’t make you a team.