Camp COVID Crusher – “Season” 2
I will be running the second edition of the week-long stay-at-home riding camp from Monday, August 31 to Sunday, September 6. You’ll have the long weekend Monday to rest up your tired legs before thinking about what fall has in store.
The only things that might hold this camp back are lousy weather and a more stringent return to COVID-19 precautions. Our first camp was a blazing success with a week of ideal summer temperatures. Let’s cross our fingers for another week of great weather.
Make sure you get some 2-3 hour rides into your legs over these next couple of weeks to be ready for the big ramp in volume.
You do not need to ride every day of the camp. But your overall fitness will benefit most if you do.
I need to know who to expect so I can send out some pre-camp details. Please register for the camp >>HERE.
Remember Our Giro di YEG Climbduro is OPEN
This time the Challenge segment is longer … almost 6km. You don’t need to be fast to be eligible for the Italian-themed prizes I’ll have up for grabs. You only need to ride the Challenge!
All the details to participate are HERE >>> Giro di YEG. Not only do you need to have a free Strava account, linked to your free Climbduro account, but you’ll also need to JOIN the Principale Tappa Challenge to log your result(s) – yes, you can ride it more than once to earn more draw prize entries!
I had a glitch in the set up for the Challenge, and results from August weren’t getting added. It’s fixed now. Just open the Challenge details HERE >>> Principale Tappa <<< scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Not Seeing Your Time?” button. Refresh the page and it will pull in every attempt you made since the beginning of August.
The Saturday ride stages from the Ardrossan Rec Centre to take on the Principale Tappa of the Giro di YEG.
Sign up for the Saturday ride HERE >>>Ride Registration Form
Riding details are:
- Hold an active 2020 Club Membership. If not, you must have it in order to ride. Go >> HERE NOW
- If you joined the club before June 6 you’ll need to send us your signed ABA COVID Waiver in order to participate for the season. Download it HERE >>> ABA – Adult Waiver COVID 2020 and email your completed form to Coach Kevin Coaching@VelocityCyclingClub.ca
- All new memberships from June 6 onward will automatically require your agreement to the waiver.
- Meet Saturday, August 15, at 10am at the Ardrossan Rec Centre. Staging allowed in groups of up to 15. The ride is about 63kms. See all the Event details HERE >>August 15 Ride
- You must PREREGISTER before 8:30AM on Saturday, August 15, for this ride using this >> GOOGLE FORM If you do not preregister, sorry you cannot ride that day. Absolutely no drop-ins will be accepted.
You cannot play on purpose if you practice on autopilot. How you practice ALWAYS determines how you play.