COVID Crusher Century Ride
Riders stuck it out through all the heat last week, only to finish it off in STYLE!
We rode 165km last Sunday through 4 counties east of Edmonton: Strathcona, Leduc, Camrose, and Beaver.
By the end of the full riding week, we logged more than 600kms. None of them were super-hard, but we were fairly steady. Our cumulative average speed was about 31kph.
With average temperatures in the high 20s, we managed to hit the warmest and driest week yet this year in Edmonton.
Well done everyone who found the time to ride. Elka Strohschein, Warren Goertzen, Colleen Malcolm, Dave Watson, and Jenny Wilson-Gibbons made most of the rides. Ed Heacock and Nikoo Najand completed all 7 days! And not a flat tire for anyone!
As I mentioned last week, I’m looking for club interest to run this camp again leading into the September long weekend. Register >>HERE if you think this is for you.
The Saturday ride stages from the Ardrossan Rec Centre to take on the Principale Tappa of the Giro di YEG.
Sign up for the Saturday ride HERE >>>Ride Registration Form
Riding details are:
- Hold an active 2020 Club Membership. If not, you must have it in order to ride. Go >> HERE NOW
- If you joined the club before June 6 you’ll need to send us your signed ABA COVID Waiver in order to participate for the season. Download it HERE >>> ABA – Adult Waiver COVID 2020 and email your completed form to Coach Kevin Coaching@VelocityCyclingClub.ca
- All new memberships from June 6 onward will automatically require your agreement to the waiver.
- Meet Saturday, August 8, at 10am at the Ardrossan Rec Centre. Staging allowed in groups of up to 15. The ride is about 63kms. See all the Event details HERE >>August 8 Ride
- You must PREREGISTER before 8:30AM on Saturday, August 8, for this ride using this >> GOOGLE FORM If you do not preregister, sorry you cannot ride that day. Absolutely no drop-ins will be accepted.
A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. – Muhammad Ali