Riders have been feeling the summer time heat this week … and loving it!
By the end of today, we’ll have logged about 400km. Tomorrow we’ll be on the regular Saturday club ride. Then Sunday will see us take on a Century (ok, it’s actually 103 miles/166km).
Feeling like you’ve missed out? With enough interest, I will run this big week of riding again, leading into the September long weekend. Register >>HERE if you think this is for you.
Hit Up the Giro di YEG Principale Tappa
Our next Climbduro Challenge segment is open until the end of August. Everything you need to know to participate is on >>THIS PAGE>
Volunteers to Pilot Senior Trishaws
Remember earlier I mentioned you could volunteer to drive a Trishaw?
With summer weather here for August, I’m sure the residents of GEF Seniors Housing would still love a little spin through their community.
GEF owns three Trishaw bikes. Take a look at what they recently shared on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GEFSeniorsHousing/posts/3460396127317833
If you can volunteer some pedal time please contact Shelby Johnston by email email@example.com or phone call 780-733-7682.
The Saturday stages from the Ardrossan Rec Centre to ride the Principale Tappa. So be sure you’ve registered for the Challenge (see above).
Everyone needs to sign up for the Saturday ride here >>>Ride Registration Form
Riding details are:
- Hold an active 2020 Club Membership. If not, you must have it in order to ride. Go >> HERE NOW
- If you joined the club before June 6 you’ll need to send us your signed ABA COVID Waiver in order to participate for the season. Download it HERE >>> ABA – Adult Waiver COVID 2020 and email your completed form to Coach Kevin Coaching@VelocityCyclingClub.ca
- All new memberships from June 6 onward will automatically require your agreement to the waiver.
- Meet Saturday, August 1, at 10am at the Ardrossan Rec Centre. Staging allowed in groups of up to 15. The ride is about 60kms. See all the Event details HERE >>August 1 Ride
- You must PREREGISTER before 8:30AM on Saturday, August 1, for this ride using this >> GOOGLE FORM If you do not preregister, sorry you cannot ride that day. Absolutely no drop-ins will be accepted.
Give commitment. Seek commitment. Hold commitment.