Principale Tappa “Winners”
This tappa (stage) of the Giro di YEG was won (again) by Mitchell Thomas, followed by Ken Lechelt and Keith Thomas. Their best times were all from last Saturday. Methinks they may have been helped a bit by gusty 40kph NW winds later that day.
Top Velocity rider this time was Roy Robinson, edging out Frank Begrimes … incidentally reversing their standings from last time.
$58 was raised for the CASA Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Foundation.
Thanks to all for participating! Prizes will be awarded shortly.
I have at least one more Challenge to create, this time on the hillier west side of the city. Stay tuned!
Lucky Weather Success for Camp COVID Crusher
We did it again. Over 600kms of riding last week that finished up with a 165km ride on Sunday. Winds were the story in the first part of the week. Threatening rain clouds played with our minds for the County Century on Sunday.
But not a drop of rain fell. And not even a mechanical breakdown interrupted another great week of riding!
Thanks to Elka, Warren, Dave, Jenny and Ed for making their time available to ride during the week .
Still plenty of great riding days left this season. Why don’t you ride your own COVID Crusher Century too? The County Century Route we rode can serve as your own inspiration. Check out the route HERE>>> https://www.strava.com/routes/2721809472114497006
And take a look at the Relive replay of our ride:
Might be rain this Saturday. But if not, we’ll head WEST for a change of riding scenery. And with a full season of riding in our legs, this route will be just over 100kms. Expect about 3:30hrs riding if the winds aren’t too bad.
We’ll stage at the Hampton Terrace shopping complex, on the very west end of Lessard Road (head west off the Lessard Road exit from the Henday). Camp COVID Crushers will remember this as our starting location for the Devon-Calmar ride.
Sign up for the Saturday ride HERE >>>Ride Registration Form
Riding details are:
- Hold an active 2020 Club Membership. If not, you must have it in order to ride. Go >> HERE NOW
- If you joined the club before June 6 you’ll need to send us your signed ABA COVID Waiver in order to participate for the season. Download it HERE >>> ABA – Adult Waiver COVID 2020 and email your completed form to Coach Kevin Coaching@VelocityCyclingClub.ca
- All new memberships from June 6 onward will automatically require your agreement to the waiver.
- Meet Saturday, September 12, at 10am at the Hampton Terrace shopping complex. Staging allowed in groups of up to 15. The ride is about 106kms. See all the Event details HERE >>September 12 Ride
- You must PREREGISTER before 8:30AM on Saturday, September 12, for this ride using this >> GOOGLE FORM If you do not preregister, sorry you cannot ride that day. Absolutely no drop-ins will be accepted.
Watch your thoughts, they become your beliefs. Watch your beliefs, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your habits. Watch your habits, they become your character. – Vince Lombardi