Velocity to Host Individual Time Trial “World Championships”
In conjunction with the UCI World Road Championships next week (September 24 to 27) in Imola – Emilia-Romagna, Italy, Velocity Cycling Club will be hosting an informal “World Championship” Individual Time Trial on Saturday, September 26 on TWP Road 520 in Strathcona County.
The Individual Time Trial (ITT) is about the only “event” that’s not too difficult to organize and participate in during our times of COVID-19 restrictions.
So we’ll try running an ITT for Velocity members (maybe more too from our local cycling club community) next Saturday.
The distance will be about 15km. STANDARD ROAD BARS AND WHEELS only! No TT bikes or disc wheels will be allowed. This will be an old skool “Eddy Merckx-style” ITT, to keep it more about your engine and not state-of-the-art equipment. This also makes it accessible to everyone in the club.
Choose a country you want to represent to give this event its “World Championship” flair!
Registration will close on September 25, 2020, at 4pm MST. Start times will be emailed the evening of September 25.
AHS COVID Gathering/Event Restrictions will be followed. No holders will be provided. Start times will be spaced to minimize rider congregations around the start and finish areas. Please minimize your interactions with other riders, and follow 2m physical distancing.
If you haven’t done an FTP test recently, this will be a great way to get one last solid 20min test effort from your engine. A great way to benchmark the tail end of your outdoor training season.
If you think this is for you, please <<<REGISTER HERE>>>
Rain preempted the ride last weekend. We’ll try again, heading WEST for a change of riding scenery. This route will be just over 100kms. Expect about 3:30hrs riding. Plan to carry some food and at least 2 water bottles.
We’ll stage at the Hampton Terrace shopping complex, on the very west end of Lessard Road (head west off the Lessard Road exit from the Henday).
Sign up for the Saturday ride HERE >>>Ride Registration Form
Riding details are:
- Hold an active 2020 Club Membership. If not, you must have it in order to ride. Go >> HERE NOW
- If you joined the club before June 6 you’ll need to send us your signed ABA COVID Waiver in order to participate for the season. Download it HERE >>> ABA – Adult Waiver COVID 2020 and email your completed form to Coach Kevin Coaching@VelocityCyclingClub.ca
- All new memberships from June 6 onward will automatically require your agreement to the waiver.
- Meet Saturday, September 19, at 10am at the Hampton Terrace shopping complex. Staging allowed in groups of up to 15. The ride is about 106kms. See all the Event details HERE >>September 19 Ride
- You must PREREGISTER before 8:30AM on Saturday, September 19, for this ride using this >> GOOGLE FORM If you do not preregister, sorry you cannot ride that day. Absolutely no drop-ins will be accepted.
Ultimately, you are successful because of your choices, not because of your potential.