Unbelievable Break in the Weather…
Makes a November Ride Possible!!
As I write this, the Sunday forecast is looking the right way around for an outdoor ride … +11° (or even 13°) on November 1. Can’t pass up this opportunity!!
And with the time change (clocks turn back an hour Saturday night), an 11am start will hopefully feel even warmer.
We’ll use the Hampton Terrace start location (one more time!) for the west Edmonton loop. We’ll keep it to just over 70km, removing that far west out-and-back leg we’ve used before on this route.
Sign up for the Sunday ride HERE >>>Ride Registration Form
Riding details are:
- Hold an active 2020 Club Membership. If not, you must have it in order to ride. Go >> HERE NOW
- If you joined the club before June 6 you’ll need to send us your signed ABA COVID Waiver in order to participate for the season. Download it HERE >>> ABA – Adult Waiver COVID 2020 and email your completed form to Coach Kevin Coaching@VelocityCyclingClub.ca
- All new memberships from June 6 onward will automatically require your agreement to the waiver.
- Meet Sunday, November 1, 11am at the Hampton Terrace shopping complex. Staging allowed in groups of up to 15. The ride is about 70kms. See all the Event details HERE >>November 1 Ride
- You must PREREGISTER before 8:30AM on Sunday, November 1, for this ride using this >> GOOGLE FORM If you do not preregister, sorry you cannot ride that day. Absolutely no drop-ins will be accepted.
Zwifting with Cycling Canada’s Esports Team
Ride and race this winter with some of Canada’s finest Esports athletes!
Cycling Canada will be hosting a “Weekly Tune-up” group ride series and “Wednesday Night Race Series” starting next week.
Monday tune-up rides are co-ed. Tuesday rides are for women only. The Wednesday night series will have A through E ability categories.
See the upcoming schedule >>>HERE<<<. Each session will have Cycling Canada special guest cyclists along for the ride!
Calgary’s Midweek Mayhem Racing Also Moves Indoors to Zwift
Looking for more “Alberta-based” racing challenges this winter? Look no further than the clubs down Calgary way. They’ll be hosting Zwift races on Tuesdays at 7pm.
Brent Topilko is running these very similar to the way I do our Saturday rides. Follow Brent. Sign up. Watch for his Meetup invite to race.
Check out the sign up details >>>HERE<<<
Saturday Is For Velo Zwifting
As mentioned last week, I’m hosting Saturday Zwift Meetup rides at 11am.
Using the Meetup’s “Keep Everyone Together” feature these rides should be accessible for most ability levels. Just keep pedalling. If you get dropped, the Zwift system should eventually sling-shot you back into our peloton.
If you haven’t already signed up, then please put your name on this form >>>HERE<<<
You only need to SIGN UP ONCE for the entire indoor season. I’ll keep sending you invites. You can accept or ignore from there. Your choice. By putting your name on the sign up form it makes it easier for me to send out invites.
There are a few technical things you need to do inside Zwift to receive my invites:
- Be following “Kevin Rokosh” on the Zwift platform. Use the Zwift Companion app on your phone or tablet to search for my name – I’m the only one with that username on the platform – and select “Follow.” I can only send you an invite if you Follow me.
- Watch for Meetup invites to arrive in the Zwift Companion app, and accept the invitations.
- Show up in the Zwift platform about 5-10mins before each Meetup time begins. Once in there, you’ll shortly see a “Join Meetup” button that will take you to our own ride staging area. Late joiners should also be teleported into the group, unless I’ve created the Meetup in Race format. When it’s a race, you can only join at the scheduled start time.
Annual General Meeting Reminder
Another reminder about this year’s AGM that will be held online.
- Place: Zoom (or similar) meeting format
- Date: Tuesday November 17
- Time: 7:00 pm
- Dress: Casual … But that all depends if you share your video!
- Drinks and Dinner: Will be provided (or not) by each person attending.
The agenda, including a list of executive positions up for renewals, will be forthcoming. Only paid-up 2020 members of Velocity Cycling Club will be emailed the Zoom meeting invite.
If you have a particular item you think should be on the agenda this year, please email it to: President@VelocityCyclingClub.ca
The better you get, the more you realize how much better you can get. – Martina Navratilova