On Wednesday the weather won. It’s seems to be winning most days this week. But perhaps not this Saturday?
We’ll try again to ride the new loop that heads east from the Ardrossan Rec Centre.
Coach Kevin will be away in Penticton the next couple of weeks. So we need someone to volunteer as a Ride Leader. We need one Leader for each group of 15 riders. It’s unlikely we’ll have even that many. During this strange season, each ride has had about 5 enthusiastic riders.
Ride Leaders duties are straightforward:
- Must have their own supplied face mask and nitrile gloves in their jersey pocket (as well as the hand sanitizer that everyone must be carrying), in case of a ride mishap that needs immediate roadside assistance
- Ensure only preregistered riders are in the group
- Immediately prior to ride departure, re-visit the COVID-19 Screening Checklist to ensure each rider is still clear to participate
- Ensure the 2m physical distancing is maintained before, during and after the ride
If you can volunteer as a Ride Leader, there’s a place on the ride Ride Registration Form where you can do that. On Saturday morning, I will send the Ride Leader the list of preregistered riders to expect.
If no one volunteers to lead, I’ll have to cancel the ride.
Same details as always for these rides this season:
- Hold an active 2020 Club Membership. If not, you must have it in order to ride. Go >> HERE NOW
- If you joined the club before June 6 you’ll need to send us your signed ABA COVID Waiver in order to participate for the season. Download it HERE >>> ABA – Adult Waiver COVID 2020 and email your completed form to Coach Kevin Coaching@VelocityCyclingClub.ca
- All new memberships from June 6 onward will automatically require your agreement to the waiver.
- Meet Saturday, July 4, at 10am at the Ardrossan Rec Centre. Staging allowed in groups of up to 15 now. The ride is about 60kms. See all the Event details HERE >>July 4 Ride
- You must PREREGISTER before 8:30AM on Saturday, July 4, for this ride using this >> GOOGLE FORM If you do not preregister, sorry you cannot ride that day. Absolutely no drop-ins will be accepted.
Do not speak bad of yourself. For the warrior within hears your words and is lessened by them. – Japanese samurai proverb