- This event has passed.
Doc’s Hilly Medicine Club Ride
September 14 @ 18:00 - 19:45
Where: Starting in Ritchie Market
When: 6pm – This is our departure time. Please arrive about 15 minutes before
What: A favourite river valley climbing circuit of long-term club member Doc Watson (aka, Dave Watson). About 36km with about 380m (1245ft) of climbing. Here’s the Strava Route Link: Doc Watson’s Hilly Medicine
How: Please download the ride route.
If you don’t use Strava, then here is the GPX version of the route: Doc Watson’s Hilly Medicine
After the ride, if time permits, we’ll grab an ice cream at Kind Ice Cream.
Please review our Group Riding Tips
For all club rides we conduct, EVERY rider should be a member of Velocity Cycling Club to participate.
If you aren’t a member yet, then you can fill out a LIABILITY RELEASE waiver to participate in ONE FREE TRIAL RIDE. Preview and pre-fill the form here to bring with you to the ride: Trial Ride Liability Waiver
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Always carry your ID.
If any mishap happens to you or another rider in your group:
- Ensure you are safely off the road.
- Call 911
- Station a rider to direct traffic away from the scene.
- While waiting for 911 help to arrive, administer any first aid you know that will help.
- Send a cyclist for help if necessary, or to direct emergency services to the site.
- Nearest Hospital is: University of Alberta Hospital, 8440 112 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 2B7