- This event has passed.
RESCHEDULED – Criterium Clinic/Practice
May 26 @ 18:30 - 19:30
Where: Southeast parking lot of the Alberta School for the Deaf
What: General discussion of criterium racing skills and tactics. About 1hr practicing starts/clipping in, cornering individually progressing to small groups.
How: If it’s pouring rain, the clinic will be cancelled. If roads are wet and/or it’s light rain I’ll still host the clinic. No criterium will be cancelled because of rain, so you should still practice corning with some speed on wet pavement.
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Always carry your ID.
If any mishap happens to you or another rider in your group:
- Ensure you are safely off the road.
- Call 911
- Station a rider to direct traffic away from the scene.
- While waiting for 911 help to arrive, administer any first aid you know that will help.
- Send a cyclist for help if necessary, or to direct emergency services to the site.
- Nearest Hospital is: University of Alberta Hospital, 8440 112 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 2B7