- This event has passed.
April 8 Club Ride
April 8 @ 11:00 - 14:00
Where: Staging from Colchester Community Hall
When: 11am – This is our departure time. Please arrive about 15 minutes before
What: About 62kms. Here’s the Strava Route Link: VCC April 8 Route
An Extra Challenge: Test yourself on the 5km ITT Circuit at the end of this ride! Here’s a Strava Segment for a simple out-and-back 5km ITT from the hall, west to the cul-de-sac and back: Velocity 5km Challenge. Use this as a start-of-the season performance marker. Record your average power on this segment. Your FTP will be around 90% of that average.
How: Please download the ride route from Strava.
If you don’t use Strave, then here is the GPX version of the route: VCC – 62km Colchester GPX
Please preregister before 9:00am Saturday April 8 to join in this ride. Please use this >>Velo Ride Signup Form
Registration helps us have a proper list of ride attendees and their emergency contacts for our Emergency Action Plan.
Please review our Group Riding Tips
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Always carry your ID.
If any mishap happens to you or another rider in your group:
- Ensure you are safely off the road.
- Call 911
- Station a rider to direct traffic away from the scene.
- While waiting for 911 help to arrive, administer any first aid you know that will help.
- Send a cyclist for help if necessary, or to direct emergency services to the site.
- Nearest Hospital is: Grey Nuns Community Hospital, 1100 Youville Dr W Northwest, Edmonton, AB T6L 5X8