- This event has passed.
Afterburner Gravel Recon Ride
August 6, 2023 @ 11:00 - 16:00
Where: Staging from Alder Flats Ag Hall
When: 11am – This is our departure time. Please arrive about 15 minutes before
How: Please download the ride route. All riders must be fully self-supporting for at least 100km. That means a complete flat repair kit, lots of food (consider using a handlebar bag) and fluids for your day on the gravel!
Please review our Group Riding Tips
For all club rides we conduct, EVERY rider should be a member of Velocity Cycling Club to participate.
If you aren’t a member yet, then you can fill out a LIABILITY RELEASE waiver to participate in ONE FREE TRIAL RIDE. Preview and pre-fill the form here to bring with you to the ride: Trial Ride Liability Waiver
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Always carry your ID.
If any mishap happens to you or another rider in your group:
- Ensure you are safely off the road.
- Call 911
- Station a rider to direct traffic away from the scene.
- While waiting for 911 help to arrive, administer any first aid you know that will help.
- Send a cyclist for help if necessary, or to direct emergency services to the site.
- Nearest Hospital is: Drayton Valley Hospital and Care Centre, 4550 Madsen Ave, Drayton Valley, AB T7A 1N8