- This event has passed.
River Valley Hill Circuit
June 23 @ 18:30 - 20:30
When: 6:30pm start time.
Where: Meet in the parking lot area of Emily Murphy Park.
What: Head over Groat Road Bridge and up MacKinnon Ravine to Buena Vista Road (Zoo Hill) for some hill climbs. All riders reconvene at the bottom before heading up together on the next effort. Try to push yourself hard to keep pace with everyone. If not, no worries. Ride your best pace possible and meet back at the bottom.
Ride back towards Emily Murphy Park via the Valleyview Drive/MacKinnon Ravine and down the River Valley Road bike path towards Fortway Drive. Ride at least 2x up through the Legislature Grounds. Ride the LRT pedway bridge across the river and head to Emily Murphy Park Road. Drop down Emily Murphy and then just before the gate into Hawrelak Park. Ride at least 2x up Emily Murphy to complete the night.
Coach Kevin will have something additional in mind for each climb to spice things up!
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Always carry your ID.
If any mishap happens to you or another rider on the track:
- Ensure you are safely off the track.
- Inform the Velodrome Manager in the clubhouse office of the emergency situation
- Call 911 if needed
- Station a rider to direct bystanders away from the scene.
- While waiting for 911 help to arrive, administer any first aid you know that will help.
- Send a rider to the facility entrance gate to direct emergency services into the site.
- Nearest Hospital is: University of Alberta Hospital 8440 112 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 2B7