- This event has passed.
Roger’s Ride – September 26
September 26 @ 10:30 - 14:30
Where: Staging from the Waskahegan Staging Area
When: 10:30am – the ride will start about 11:00
What: A ride in memory of Roger Tetrault, a long-time club member who we lost to cancer. Please consider making a donation in Roger’s name to support Skin Cancer (or an area that has special meaning for you) at: Donate – Alberta Cancer Foundation
How: Trail riding for most on their cyclocross or mountain bikes. Some will bring a road bike instead and ride the county roads for about 1:30hrs. After the ride there will be an outdoor BBQ with burgers (beef and vegetarian options) and soda pop. Maybe hot chocolate, depending how cold.
Please preregister by 5:00pm Saturday September 25 to join in this ride and help us plan food quantities. Please use this >>Velo Ride Signup Form
Please preregister to help us abide by the ABA COVID-19 Group Ride Protocols (all described on the sign-up form).
Remember: the COVID-19 pandemic hasn’t disappeared yet. There are still PLENTY of risk, especially for the unvaccinated. Though vaccination is not mandatory to participate (this could change), Velocity Cycling Club strongly encourages you to get fully vaccinated (2 doses) against the COVID-19 virus and its variants.
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Always carry your ID.
If any mishap happens to you or another rider in your group:
- Ensure you are safely off the road.
- Call 911
- Station a rider to direct traffic away from the scene.
- While waiting for 911 help to arrive, administer any first aid you know that will help.
- Send a cyclist for help if necessary, or to direct emergency services to the site.
- Call Club Coach Kevin Rokosh at (780) 999-6052 to inform him of the situation (Please put this in to your phone now)