- This event has passed.
Roger’s Ride – October 2022
October 1, 2022 @ 10:30 - 14:30
Where: Staging from the Waskahegan Staging Area
When: 10:30am – the ride will start about 11:00
What: A ride in memory of Roger Tetrault, a long-time club member who we lost to cancer. Please consider making a donation in Roger’s name to support Skin Cancer (or an area that has special meaning for you) at: Donate – Alberta Cancer Foundation
How: Trail riding for most on their cyclocross or mountain bikes. Some will bring a road bike instead and ride the county roads for about 1:30hrs. After the ride there will be an outdoor BBQ with burgers (beef and vegetarian options) and soda pop. Maybe hot chocolate, depending how cold.
Please preregister by 9:00pm Thursday September 29 to join in this ride and help us plan food quantities. Members, family and friends are all welcome, even if it’s just for the BBQ. Each person attending needs to complete a signup form so we can plan the food order.
Please use this >>Velo Ride Signup Form
The optional Waskahegan Road Strava Route is here: https://www.strava.com/routes/2877226581898619522
And for those without a Strava account, you can download the road route here: Roger’s Ride GPX File
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Always carry your ID.
If any mishap happens to you or another rider in your group:
- Ensure you are safely off the road.
- Call 911
- Station a rider to direct traffic away from the scene.
- While waiting for 911 help to arrive, administer any first aid you know that will help.
- Send a cyclist for help if necessary, or to direct emergency services to the site.
- Nearest Hospital is: Strathcona Community Hospital, 9000 Emerald Dr, Sherwood Park, AB T8H 0J3