- This event has passed.
October 2 Club Ride
October 2 @ 10:00 - 12:30
Where: Staging from the old Wye Elementary School site (now torn down)
When: 10am – arrive no more than 15 minutes before departure
What: About 75kms. Here’s the Strava Route Link: VCC October 2 Route
How: Please download the ride route.
You MUST preregister before 8:30am Saturday October 2 to join in this ride. Please use this >>Velo Ride Signup Form
Please preregister to help us abide by the ABA COVID-19 Group Ride Protocols (all described on the sign-up form).
Remember: the COVID-19 pandemic hasn’t disappeared yet. There are still PLENTY of risk, especially for the unvaccinated. Though vaccination is not mandatory to participate (this could change), Velocity Cycling Club strongly encourages you to get fully vaccinated (2 doses) against the COVID-19 virus and its variants.
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Always carry your ID.
If any mishap happens to you or another rider in your group:
- Ensure you are safely off the road.
- Call 911
- Station a rider to direct traffic away from the scene.
- While waiting for 911 help to arrive, administer any first aid you know that will help.
- Send a cyclist for help if necessary, or to direct emergency services to the site.
- Call Club Coach Kevin Rokosh at (780) 999-6052 to inform him of the situation (Please put this in to your phone now)