- This event has passed.
Rule V Ride
July 24, 2022 @ 10:00 - 13:30
This has been a fun and successful session for those showing up. Let’s keep it going through July!
Where: Staging from Acheson Petro-Can Truck Stop
When: 10am – This is our departure time. Please arrive about 15 minutes before
What: A “hammer” session, as hard, long, or easy as the group decides. Here’s a suggested Strava Route for reference (and to help get you back if you get dropped): VCC Rule V Route
How: Please download the ride route if you think you might get lost. Show up rain or shine and be prepared to be fully self-supported. You might get left behind. If it’s raining … depending on how seriously everyone takes “Rule V,” you may or may not be the only one riding that day.
Don’t know what “Rule V” means? See: The Velominati – Keepers of the Cog
This is a Velocity Club Ride. At this time, no other riders should join.
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.” – Greg Henderson
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Always carry your ID.
If any mishap happens to you or another rider in your group:
- Ensure you are safely off the road.
- Call 911
- Station a rider to direct traffic away from the scene.
- While waiting for 911 help to arrive, administer any first aid you know that will help.
- Send a cyclist for help if necessary, or to direct emergency services to the site.
- Nearest Hospital is: Misericordia Community Hospital, 16940 87 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5R 4H5