July 24 Club Ride
July 24 @ 09:00 - 12:30
Where: Staging from the Strathcona Olympiette Centre
When: 9am – arrive no more than 15 minutes before departure
What: About 80kms. Here’s the Strava Route Link: VCC July 24 Route
How: Please download the ride route.
You MUST preregister before 7:30am Saturday July 24 to join in this ride. Please use this >>Velo Ride Signup Form
Please preregister to help us abide by the ABA COVID-19 Group Ride Protocols (all described on the sign-up form), and to facilitate COVID-19 exposure contact tracing should it become necessary..
Remember: the COVID-19 pandemic hasn’t completely gone away yet. There are still some risks, especially for the unvaccinated. Though vaccination is not mandatory to participate, Velocity Cycling Club strongly encourages you to get fully vaccinated (2 doses) against the COVID-19 virus and its variants. There are still quarantine regulations in place if any COVID-19 exposure happens at our group rides.
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Always carry your ID.
If any mishap happens to you or another rider in your group:
- Ensure you are safely off the road.
- Call 911
- Station a rider to direct traffic away from the scene.
- While waiting for 911 help to arrive, administer any first aid you know that will help.
- Send a cyclist for help if necessary, or to direct emergency services to the site.
- Call Ride Leader, Kevin Rokosh at (780) 999-6052 (Please put this in to your phone now)