- This event has passed.
June 29, 2022 @ 18:30 - 20:00
Where: Southeast parking lot of the Alberta School for the Deaf
What: General discussion of criterium racing skills and tactics. About 1:30hrs practicing starts/clipping in, cornering individually progressing to small groups.
How: If it’s pouring rain, the clinic will be cancelled. If roads are wet and/or it’s light rain I’ll still host the clinic. No criterium will be cancelled because of rain, so you should still practice corning with some speed on wet pavement.
Please preregister so I can know approximately how big the group will be. Use this >>Velo Crit Clinic Signup Form
Registration also helps us have a proper list of ride attendees and their emergency contacts for our Emergency Action Plan.
Remember: the COVID-19 pandemic hasn’t disappeared yet. There are still PLENTY of risks, especially for the unvaccinated. Though vaccination is not mandatory to participate (this could change), Velocity Cycling Club strongly encourages you to get fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and its variants.
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Always carry your ID.
If any mishap happens to you or another rider in your group:
- Ensure you are safely off the road.
- Call 911
- Station a rider to direct traffic away from the scene.
- While waiting for 911 help to arrive, administer any first aid you know that will help.
- Send a cyclist for help if necessary, or to direct emergency services to the site.
- Nearest Hospital is: University of Alberta Hospital, 8440 112 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 2B7