You may have noticed that it was announced in the last Weekly Update or on our Calendar, but right here is where you’ll find all the details on our Club Track Day!
Maybe you don’t know this, but the Velocity Cycling Club has a fleet of beautiful Marinoni Track bikes (just like the one shown above) that are free for all of their members to use. Even if you never been on the track, this is a great opportunity to come out and see what it’s all about. Remember, we also have Learn to Ride Track Events every Monday throughout the summer if Track Day gets you hooked.
Who: You! This track day is open to riders of all levels. Even if you’ve never been on a track before, come on out and give track a try! **New riders may be asked not to do the Mass Start race events, you must be a member of an ABA club to particpate**
When: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm on Saturday, August 27
Where: The Argyll Velodrome
What to Bring: Helmet, Water bottle, Cycling Shoes, Pedals, you saddle height measurement, and some snacks
Track Day Schedule
11:00 – 11:30: Prep and Bike Set Up
11:30 – 12:00: Instructions / Track Overview / Warm-up/Slower Paceline Work
12:00 – 3:00: Fun Races
– Flying Lap
– Wheel Race (aka Handicap)
– Team Pursuit (Higher Intensity Paceline Work)
– Win and Out (If deemed riders are ready)
– 10 Lap Scratch Race
– 10 Miler (48 Laps) – Working together to wrap it up.
- Our Calendar is always up to date, however changing conditions may require a last minute update or cancellation which will be announced on Twitter. Watch the @VelocityBikeAB Twitter feed for any last minute changes or cancellations. This feed is also shown on the main page of the website.
- We are insured by the the Alberta Bicycle Association who requires all riders on any scheduled club group ride be a member of the club. Please check out our Membership page for details and to learn about our trial membership.