In addition to our weekly Wednesday Ladies-Only Mountain Bike Rides (update: finished for 2015), Velocity has another weekly mountain bike ride in the calendar, on
Wednesday’s Tuesday’s. This intermediate/advanced ride is open to any Velocity Club member who’s interested in riding in a social setting.
You can expect:
- A technical single-track ride (like this one)
- Fast, but not race-paced
- Periodic stops to collect the group and rest
- A no-drop policy, with the group stopping periodically to collect the group, and to allow time for minor mechanical issues.
- Show up early enough to be ready to ride at the posted start time
- Be self sufficient
- Bring a multi-tool, a way to repair a flat, cash, phone, etc.
- Bring enough food and water for a 2-3 hour ride
- Make sure your bike is tuned up and in good working order
- Wear a helmet (mandatory)
- Equip your bike with a bell (it is a legal requirement in Edmonton)
The ride leaders will be James and Jason. Please feel free to contact them with any questions, you can find their email addresses on our contact page.
This ride leaves from the Velocity Cycle shop, and runs from 630-830pm weekly. Please double-check our Club Rides calendar to confirm ride details each week, and watch Twitter for last minute updates or cancellations. If you don’t use Twitter, our latest tweets can be see on the side-bar of our main website page.