Are you interested in joining in on our group rides? If you’re not experienced in riding with a group it can be daunting, and sometimes dangerous. Come out and learn how to do it properly!
This is a continuation of our Learn to Group Ride clinics from April 23rd and 30th at Hawrelak park, and from Colchester School on May 7th and 14th. We’re now continuing this series on a weekly basis for the rest of the summer as long as there is interest.
Randy will be continuing the progression, and introducing some group riding with the more advanced groups during their warmup. As the weeks go on, we’ll be riding with them for longer and longer!
Don’t worry if you weren’t at the first sessions, you can start fresh at any of these ones too, just give us a heads up so we know what to expect. Contact details for the coach are below.
The focus of these sessions will be:
- Am I and my bike ready to ride?
- appropriate clothing, food, flat repair
- Basic do’s and don’t’s in the group!
- Pace-line skills:
- communication within the group
- pace line types
- pacing of the group
- rotation and switching off the front
- finding shelter and conserving energy
- hazard avoidance
- reading the group dynamics
- and much much more!
- Colchester School (Google Map)
- Every Thursday, 6:15-8:15pm, starting May 21
- Please confirm each weekly session by checking our Club Rides Calendar
- Last ride of the season will be Sep 10, 2015
- Watch Twitter (@VelocityBikeAB) for updates relating to last minute changes or weather cancellations
What to bring?
- Your bike, shoes and helmet and be ready to go!
Coach: Randy Murchison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The session is free of charge to members of Velocity Cycling Club.