Are you interested in joining in on our group rides? If you’re not experienced in riding with a group it can be daunting, and sometimes dangerous. Come out and learn how to do it properly!
This is a continuation of our Learn to Group Ride clinics from April 23 and 30th at Hawrelak park, except this time on the same roads that our group typically rides on (rural range and township roads).
Don’t worry if you weren’t at the first two sessions, you can start fresh at any of these ones too.
The focus of these sessions will be:
- Am I and my bike ready to ride?
- appropriate clothing, food, flat repair
- Basic do’s and don’t’s in the group!
- Pace-line skills:
- communication within the group
- pace line types
- pacing of the group
- rotation and switching off the front
- finding shelter and conserving energy
- hazard avoidance
- reading the group dynamics
- and much much more!
- Colchester School (Google Map)
- Thursday May 7 and 14, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
(possible additional sessions during following Thursdays, TBD based on attendance)As always, all of our group rides are in our Club Rides Calendar
Watch Twitter (@VelocityBikeAB) for updates relating to last minute changes or weather cancellations
What to bring?
- Your bike, shoes and helmet and be ready to go!
Coach: Randy Murchison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The session is free of charge to members of Velocity Cycling Club.