Have you just joined Velocity and want to join in and feel comfortable on the group rides? We have a solution for you!!
Join us for an instructional riding session to help new Velocity riders master group riding skills.
The focus of the first session will be
1. Am I and my bike ready to ride- appropriate clothing, food, flat repair ready?
2. Basic do’s and don’ts in the group!
3. Paceline skills that we will start working on
- communication within the group
- pace line types
- pacing of the group
- rotation and switching off the front
- finding shelter and conserving energy
- hazard avoidance
- reading the group dynamics
- and much much more!!!!!!
- Hawrelak Park at the first Picnic shelter on the right when driving the outer loop
- Thursday April 23rd and 30th, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
What to bring?
- Your bike, shoes and helmet and be ready to go!
Thursday night follow up rides and instructional meeting point to be determined.
Coach: Randy Murchison (email@example.com)
The session is free of charge to members of Velocity Cycling Club